Are you looking for an easy, accessible way to improve your Turkish language skills? Let me suggest reading. Not just any old book, though. Chances are most books would be frustratingly difficult at this point in your language journey.
I recommend that you read my book of fascinating short stories:
Why? Because reading short stories in Turkish is one of the best and most enjoyable ways to improve your language skills, and it helps you learn to think in Turkish.
In this article, I'll fill you in on exactly what you can expect from these Short Stories and explain why reading fiction, in particular, is such a powerful way to master a new language.
7 Keys To Unlocking Your Language Learning With A Short Story In Turkish
I've been teaching people how to learn languages for a good few years now, as well as learning eight of them myself.
You can bet that I've tried every method under the sun, and one stands out above the rest. I've found that an input method — especially one based on stories — is the key to success.
- It's fun! Yes, it's fun to pick up a book and read an entertaining story.
- You meet vocab in context. Because you see familiar — and unfamiliar — words together in context, they are much easier to remember when you meet them in the next tale.
- Grammar comes naturally. Again, you meet verbs and other grammatical structures naturally in the context of each story's plot.
- Meaning. It's far easier to understand and follow a series of relatable events than a set of theories, facts or practice exercises.
- Fiction is great for language learning. A good piece of fiction carries you along with it. You want to know what happens next, so it's easy to keep reading.
- Stories engage your emotions. You relate to the characters and their predicaments, and that makes the language more memorable.
- Achievement. Stories hold your attention so that you want to keep reading. That's the spirit that gets you to the end of a page, then one chapter… and another. Suddenly you find that you've read a whole book in Turkish. Now, that's an achievement!
Introducing… Short Stories In Turkish
This “Short Stories in Turkish For Beginners” book is one of a kind because it uses my unique StoryLearning® method to help you learn the language naturally.
Instead of making you stumble through isolated rules and practice exercises, StoryLearning® helps you to absorb more of the Turkish language while reading entertaining tales at your level.
In fact, reading stories at your level is one of the keys to success, because if it's not fun, the process doesn't work.
Reading text that contains too many unknown words or complicated phrases will only overwhelm and frustrate you. So, Short Stories in Turkish For Beginners has been written especially for students at the high-beginner to low-intermediate learning level. That's A2-B1 on the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference).
That means you'll be reading everyday Turkish vocabulary. And, because it's based on the 1000 most common words, you'll already be familiar with enough terms to help you decipher the meaning of the ones you don't know.
You can focus on enjoying the stories and make your Turkish learning seem easy and fun.
What's Included In This Short Story In Turkish Book?
I've carefully designed this book to be fun, easy to use and comprehensive. That ensures you'll get the most out of your learning.
Here's what you'll find inside:
- Eight terrific stories. From crime to thriller, history, fantasy and sci-fi, the twists and turns of these tales will keep you reading and learning.
- Controlled language at your level helps you progress confidently through the stories without being discouraged by a wall of words you don't understand.
- Accessible grammar. Some structures you'll recognize, others will be new. But, you'll meet them in context, and that helps you to become confident with them.
- Vocabulary lists. You'll find glossaries at the end of each chapter and a complete list of bolded words at the end of the book. Not only does that help when you need to find a definition, but it also gives you a handy list of vocab to learn.
- Authentic spoken dialogues to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability while you read.
- Beautiful hand-drawn illustrations bring the stories to life and make the stories even more memorable.
- Chapter summaries and comprehension questions to guide you through each story, allowing you to follow the plot and ensuring you're ready for the next chapter.
- Enjoyment — have fun with your reading and learning.
Do you want to practice your Turkish listening while you read?
We now have a high-quality new audio recording (sold separately) to accompany this Turkish short story book.
Listening while you read is a useful option because it gives your brain two input sources. You see the words and hear the sounds simultaneously, which helps to put them into your long term memory.
There's also a handy Interactive app so you can read, listen and learn all at the same time…at home or on the go! What more could you need?
About The Author
In case you’re new here, let me introduce myself. My name is Olly Richards and I’m a language educator, author and polyglot from the UK, who speaks 8 languages.
I’ve created dozens of critically acclaimed language courses and published a bestselling series of short story books in sixteen languages.
I’ve also been featured widely in international press from the BBC to the Independent, and am a regular speaker at international language events.
What Do Readers Say About These Short Story Books?
Students from around the globe love learning with my short story books. But don’t take my word for it.
Here’s how readers describe the experience of learning with short stories:
Language Teachers Love These Short Story Books Too
As you can see, language learners around the world love learning with Short Stories in Turkish. But they’re not the only ones…
Language teachers often tell me how much they enjoy using these stories in their lessons because they make learning fun and minimise all those hours of stressful lesson prep.
Supplementary teaching materials are available to accompany these books for teachers who want quick, easy, and engaging supplementary materials for their lessons.
If you’re a teacher, click here to find out more.
Short Stories In Turkish: A Great Way To Learn Fast & Have Fun!
As you can see, reading a short story in Turkish is one of the best things you can do to improve your language skills.
And best of all… it allows you to learn the language in a fun and natural way, without memorising long lists of words and grammar rules.
So what are you waiting for?
Head on over to Amazon or your favourite local bookshop and grab your copy of my short story in Turkish book now!
Click here to purchase your copy (available in Kindle & Paperback).